Today we did a major update of Gliffy Online. Gliffy Online now requires the Flash Player 9 to run. This upgrade now gives Gliffy greater performance and usability. We’ve seen at least a double in performance gain in many key areas of the application. The upgrade to Flash Player 9 also helps us to continue to focus on improving the quality of Gliffy Online. Already, significant enhancements have been made in this release that include an improved zoom feature, right-click options, easier page navigation and better usability with shape drag and drop.
Additional New Features:
- Improved Zoom – Huge performance boost and accuracy of position
- New Right Click Menu options:
- For shapes: cut, copy, delete, send to front/back, lock
- For lines: cut, copy, delete
- For the page: Paste at mouse position and zoom levels
- Shortcut Key: CTRL + + to Zoom In and CTRL + – to zoom out
- Enable Zoom with CTRL+Mouse-wheel
- Workspace automatically scrolls when drag objects outside of parameters of screen
- Have page scroll when moving shape beyond viewable boundaries
- Ability to scroll page with arrow keys
- Position text below uploaded images, as default
- Enable scroll wheel for zooming and scrolling page.
- Shift + Drag when rotating makes rotation work in 15 degree increments.
- Swimlane stencils added to Flowchart shapes.
- Swimlane stencils added to UML Shapes.
- List shortcuts in a quick list window – Click on the Help button on the top right of Gliffy to see a list of shortcuts
Please see our JIRA bug tracker for fixes for this release.