Once a month, we post a free, downloadable Gliffy template here on the Pirate (B)log. This month, we’re offering a phone interview script flowchart for you to download.
Gliffy is a small software company. Right away, that tells you two things: (1) It is very, very important that we hire exactly the right people; and (2) We don’t really have a dedicated HR expert on staff to take of this crucial hiring for us. That means that we need a foolproof process that can instantly turn genius developers into brilliant phone screeners. And if it could be a visual representation? So much the better.
Enter Gliffy’s Amazing Phone Interview Flowchart. It tells us what questions to ask, what to listen for in the applicant’s answers, and how to decide whether this person is going to be a great fit for Gliffy (and whether Gliffy would be a great fit for them).
How to use this template
Download phone_interview_script.gxml (right-click the link and save the file), then follow the instructions below for your version of Gliffy:
1. Sign into Gliffy Online.
2. Select Import a File as a Template.
3. Click Browse and upload phone_interview_script.gxml.
4. Click Create Document.
Gliffy Confluence Plugin
1. Go to the wiki page where you would like to add the diagram.
2. Click Add > Gliffy Diagram.
3. Select Import from the menu.
4. Click Browse and upload phone_interview_script.gxml.
5. Select the file you just uploaded and click Create.
Gliffy JIRA Plugin
1. Go to the issue where you would like to add the diagram.
2. Click More Actions > Add/Edit Gliffy Diagram.
3. Click New Document.
4. Select Import a File as a Template from the menu.
5. Click Browse and upload phone_interview_script.gxml.
6. Click Create Document.