Next time you have an idea, try drawing it out using Gliffy instead of writing it out. After all, a picture is worth a thousand words!
In this issue:
- Gliffy is hiring a Biz Dev Guru
- Gliffy Plugin for Confluence 1.2.0 released
- Gliffy Online Premium - Still awesome as ever
- Clint's Drawing Tip o' the month: The power of ESC
- Gliffy in action: Some of our favorite diagrams
- Green and Good stuff: Trickle Up
Gliffy is hiring a Biz Dev Guru
Gliffy is growing!
- We have over 120,000 registered users for Gliffy Online
- The Gliffy Plugin for Confluence boasts some fantastic customers such as IBM, Apple, and AOL
We're seeking a Biz Dev Guru to focus on marketing our online product, increase sales across all product lines, and help us take Gliffy to the next level. Interested? Do you know someone who might be interested? See our job posting for more information:
Please email info (at) gliffy (dot) com and tell us a little about yourself if this job appeals to you.
Gliffy Plugin for Confluence 1.2.0 released
Earlier this month we released version 1.2.0 of the Gliffy Plugin for Confluence. The Gliffy Plugin for Confluence merges the best Enterprise Wiki, Confluence, with the best online diagramming solution, Gliffy. Sound interesting? Here's a 2 minute video which shows this product in action:
New with 1.2.0:
- New, more streamlined look
- Entity Relationship Diagrams
- New Admin page
- Bug fixes
Gliffy Online Premium - Still awesome as ever
Have you been frustrated trying to share diagrams between co-workers when some of them are on a Mac and some are on a PC? Maybe you've also noticed not everyone has an expensive copy of Visio, making sharing and collaborating even more challenging. Gliffy Online solves these problems and more at a fraction of the cost of Visio.
Visio 2007 Standard on Amazon.com: $223
Gliffy Online Premium: $30/year
Clint's Drawing Tip o' the month: The power of ESC
Many people have heard about the power of ESP, but Gliffy users might find ESC to be more powerful. The Escape (ESC) key can help you be more productive when creating your earth-shattering flow charts, floor plans, or network diagrams. Here are some ways you can use the ESC key:
1. When you are finished drawing a line and want to turn off the line tool, just hit ESC instead of finding and clicking the button with your mouse.
2. When you are adding text to a shape or with the text tool, when you are done typing, just hit ESC to bring focus back to the object you are adding text to. Hit ESC again to deselect the object or turn off the text tool.
3. If you have an any object selected, hit ESC to deselect the object.
4. Hit ESC to cancel out of any Gliffy Dialogs (where applicable).
Gliffy in action: Some of our favorite diagrams
Here are a few of our favorite diagrams & drawings we've seen out there:
Green and Good stuff: Trickle Up
"Trickle Up's mission is to help the lowest income people worldwide take the first steps up out of poverty by providing conditional seed capital, business training, and relevant support services essential to the launch or expansion of a microenterprise."
For just $25 you can help empower small business owners around the world. Take a look at some of these great stories
Well, that's it for the April Gliffy Newsletter. See you next month!
Chris, Clint, and the rest of the Gliffy team.