Atlassian is once again putting on AtlasCamp, and we immediately signed up to attend as I had a great time at this event last year. If you're a developer, and you love using Atlassian's products like we do, this is a great opportunity to learn about how you can extend the functionality of these products.
There are a bunch of reasons why you might enjoy this small developer camp too:
- The entire Gliffy Development team will be there! If you're a plugin developer, we'd be happy to share our tricks and tips we've learned that help make our plugins work well with Confluence and JIRA
- I'll be doing a quick lightening talk discussing some of the business side of running a plugin business
- We'll be giving out free Gliffy t-shirts!
- Atlassian development practices are really top notch. Last year, I learned a lot about how Atlassian does development, and this has helped inform our own best practices too.
- It's fun! In addition to learning about the Atlassian plugin ecosystem, we played games, drank beer, and generally had a good time. This isn't some giant conference where nobody knows your name.... since the event is limited to less than 100 people you'll definitely get to meet most of the central figures in the Atlassian development ecosystem.
- Atlassian has been a rule-breaker in so many ways.... it's great to get their perspective as to how Atlassian does development. This was a big take-away for me last year.
AtlasCamp is taking place on the rugged and beautiful California Pacific coast in Half Moon Bay (about an hour from San Francisco) from October 21st to October 23rd.