Floating Properties Panel
With this release, we've spent significant time improving the usability involved with changing colors, line thicknesses, and other properties of shapes and lines in Gliffy. With the introduction of the Floating Contextual Properties Panel, the placement of the panel has been optimized so that you spend less time moving your mouse back and forth across the screen. This usability improvement also increases the drawing area by up to 50%, which really comes in handy if you're using a small screen like a laptop. Studies have shown that there is a direct correlation between being able to see more of your work on the screen at one time, and increase efficiency, which has been a big driver with our development of this feature. The end result is that you'll be able to create great looking flow charts, uml diagrams, and all sorts of other rich visuals with Gliffy in much less time than you did before.
Integrated Confluence Link Navigator - Confluence Only
It's now easier than ever to link from Gliffy diagrams to any content stored inside Confluence. This was a top feature request from users, which was the main driver for implementing this feature (keep voting on features you'd like to see!). Now when you click on the 'link' icon in Gliffy, the Confluence Link Navigator that you're already familier with is presented. This makes it simple to select and link to any content stored in Confluence.
Auto-save - Confluence Only
We can all identify with a situation like this: You've been working for hours on your compter when tragedy strikes. Maybe your web browser crashes, or your computer crashs, but either way you loose your work you spent so much time on. We've now implemented auto-save in the Gliffy Confluence Plugin to help eliminate the frustration of lost work the results from computer or browser crashes.
Detailed Release Notes
- [GLIFFY-3132] - Quick shape navigator should disappear when scrolling stage
- [GLIFFY-3430] - Apostrophe in Diagram Name Results in Invalid Request Error
- [GLIFFY-3457] - /gliffy/ has broken link to blank.html
- [GLIFFY-3473] - Do not override user content when updating a diagram
- [GLIFFY-3533] - Diagram Indexing does not work when search index is not set as "English"
- [GLIFFY-3578] - Viewing License ID results in blank page
- [GLIFFY-3614] - Zoom and fit to screen with only one shape
- [GLIFFY-3540] - Remove laszlo dialog on "Back to Confluence" and replace with browser prompt
- [GLIFFY-3577] - Gliffy Macro Form: When using the autocomplete for page, will prefix the space key causing the diagram to not be found
- [GLIFFY-3456] - Disable call to download jquery in Confluence 3.1.4
- [GLIFFY-3338] - Confluence Auto-save API / Persistence Layer