It's been pretty cold here in San Francisco (at least for us Californians), but it hasn't slowed us down in getting out some hot new updates. We've polished up our swimlane shapes quite a bit, including one of our most highly user requested enhancements. Many users wished to change the number of lanes in the swimlane shape dynamically. Now, when you select a swimlane, you will see a drop down menu in the properties area allowing you to change the number of lanes in the swimlane shape anywhere from 2 to 10. We've also fixed a few nagging undo issues with Swimlanes, and you can also add text to the lane of a single lane swimlanes shape as well.
We've also released a new feature that is part of our larger ongoing diagram creation simplification project. This feature assists in allowing you to quickly connect one shape to another. When you have a specific type of shape added to the stage, activate the connector tool, then drag a connector line out of the shape from a connection point. When you release the mouse, a menu will appear allowing you to quickly select the next shape to connect to. You can continue to connect shapes in this fashion, allowing you to produce a presentable flowchart, sitemap, network, or UML diagram in just minutes. During this process, if you need to quickly exit text editing on a shape, just hit the Tab key. We are actively working on other features and enhancements that will further improve your experience and productivity in building diagrams with Gliffy.
Here is an example of using this new shape connection and selection feature:
Step 1 - Drop a shape and add text.
Step 2 - Select the connector tool, click connection point and drag right to create a line.
Step 3 - Release mouse and select a shape to connect to.
Step 4 - Add text.
For a complete list of features, improvements and bug fixes, see the list below:
- [GLIFFY-185] - Copying two groups together makes pasted objects One group
- [GLIFFY-209] - Undo a group with Lines, shapes and text causes issues
- [GLIFFY-332] - Copy and pasted group of shapes goes funky when contents of buffer are large and many
- [GLIFFY-1291] - Undo Removes Object, not Line as Last Action
- [GLIFFY-1292] - Reopen Diagram with Pasted Grouped Objects Causes Group to Merge
- [GLIFFY-1298] - When dropping shape on drag before complete animation expansion, it will drop small.
- [GLIFFY-2878] - Undo of Swimlanes Fails
- [GLIFFY-2880] - Using Undo with Drawing Guides, Breaks Undo
- [GLIFFY-2912] - Selecting left justification on text editor doesn't take effect
- [GLIFFY-2936] - Slightly rotated text does not show all text when loaded
- [GLIFFY-2947] - Drawing Guides overide Grouped shapes position after paste
- [GLIFFY-2966] - The straight line is getting disconnected from a shape when connected
- [GLIFFY-2977] - The red circle over connection point is remaining on stage
- [GLIFFY-3004] - Flash Error when Saving Horizontal Swimlane with Links
- [GLIFFY-1865] - Set Number of Swimlane Lanes in Shape Properties to the Right of the Drawing Stage
- [GLIFFY-2876] - Usability: "Double-click to edit" text in swimlane shapes should disappear when double-clicked
- [GLIFFY-2917] - Line end points zooming out issue
- [GLIFFY-2929] - Cursor display issue while logging in anonymously
- [GLIFFY-2945] - Connection points should reduce so that they don't touch each other when the shape size is small
- [GLIFFY-2961] - Change in shape size not reflecting to size of red circles on connection points.
- [GLIFFY-2963] - Look into setting media load timeouts differently for Yahoo images and Account images.
- [GLIFFY-2969] - Issue with arrow of dimension line