Over the past few months we’ve been chatting with some of you to find out what you need to work smarter (not harder). Not surprisingly, the items at the top of your list is how to leverage the diagrams and visuals made in Confluence to be more relevant to improve team outcomes.
What is it?
Gliffy Diagrams in Confluence and Gliffy Project: Separate, they’re good. Together, they’re real good.
Confluence and Gliffy Project are now more deeply integrated. Users of Gliffy Diagram for Confluence can directly access Gliffy Project from the diagram window on your Confluence page. Once you’re in Gliffy Project, you can also easily go back to your original Confluence diagrams within Gliffy Project to edit your diagrams.
Why does it matter?
- Extend the usefulness of your diagrams beyond project documentation to become actionable by directly attaching Jira issues to diagrams without ever going into your Jira instance.
- Diagrams and visuals remain relevant and updated instead of being stagnant or lost in Confluence pages.
- Status updates are easily understood in Gliffy Project instead of triaging between Confluence documentation and Jira issues.
- A direct linkage between Gliffy Diagrams, Confluence, and Jira so all your documentation is connected and updated.
- Ability to build products more accurately since teammates in Confluence and Jira are able to see their work in context of the larger picture.
- Avoid missing tasks, deliverables, and teammates during scrum planning since assigning Jira issues directly from diagrams visually alerts you about missing components
- Creating projects in Gliffy Project is easier. No more importing and exporting static visuals from Confluence. No more triaging between Confluence and Gliffy Project instances.
How does it work?
From Confluence to Gliffy Project
Any Gliffy Diagram directly connects to Gliffy Project. Hover over the Gliffy Diagram viewer in a Confluence page. Then click on the “Add to Gliffy Project” button in the viewer menu. You will immediately go to Gliffy Project in which your diagram will automatically appear after signing into your Jira account. Start creating Jira issues directly from your diagram.
If you are not a Gliffy Project customer, you’ll be directed to the Atlassian marketplace to start a free trial.
Pro Tip: Naming the Gliffy Project name the same as your Jira project helps you keep Confluence, Gliffy Project, and Jira organized.
From Gliffy Project back to Confluence
Gliffy Project directly links to your corresponding Confluence visual. You can go back to the original image from the overview page, navigation bar, and canvas. This allows you to easily interchange between Gliffy Project and Confluence to edit images, retrieve information, and update Confluence pages.
Pro Tip: All changes on images made in Confluence are automatically updated in Gliffy Project.
- Right-Click on your image on the overview page. Click on “Go to source image.”
- Click on the “…” next to the title of your image. Click on “Go to source image.”
- Right-Click on the image thumbnail on the navigation bar. Click on “Go to source image.”
How does this help me work more efficiently?
No one wants to spend time constantly reporting out the status of their software project. Teams using Gliffy Diagrams in Confluence and Gliffy Project together say they are more productive and have better visibility across the product development and release cycle. We hope to make diagrams more relevant and help teams move work forward by connecting your Confluence visuals with Jira issues.
By building a bridge between Confluence and Jira, Gliffy Project will hopefully help your team build better projects more accurately, communicate more effectively, and keep documentation organized and easily accessible.
What other new product enhancements have been released?
- Go to our release notes on the marketplace for new announcements.
What are some best practices as a Product Manager, Engineering Manager, and/or Design Manager?
- Watch our tips & tricks videos
- Peruse our Gliffy Project Education page to see Gliffy Project in action and read case studies.
Who gets it?
All Gliffy Project users who have Gliffy Diagram in Confluence for Atlassian Cloud.